You Want To Leave - Without grounds

If you want to leave without grounds (without reason) you can give notice at the end of a fixed term agreement or any time during a periodic agreement.
In residential tenancies you can give two weeks notice using a Notice of Intention to Leave.

In rooming accommodation you can give seven days notice on a Resident Leaving Form. A Notice of Intention to Leave without grounds, is not ineffective if the handover date on your notice is before the end of the fixed term.

However, if you leave before the end of the fixed term, your lessor, agent or provider may make a claim against your bond and can seek compensation from you for any fi nancial loss they suffer due to your early termination of the agreement.