Bonds from the Director of Housing (DoH)

If the DoH has provided your bond you cannot agree to the release of any of the bond to your landlord. The RTBA will pay out the bond to the DoH at the end of the tenancy, once it receives the completed ‘Bond Claim’ form.

If a ‘Bond Claim’ form is not lodged, the DoH will not know the tenancy has ended and the bond amount will remain registered as an outstanding debt against the tenant. If there is any claim by the landlord on a bond provided by the DoH, the claim must be heard by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).