Communicating with your landlord

You and your landlord may need to contact each other regarding issues such as rent increases, sub-letting, damage to the premises, or ending the tenancy.

You should always communicate or confirm important matters in writing. Your written communications should be clear, signed, dated, and include all the necessary details. Keep copies for future reference. Consumer Affairs Victoria has forms available for a range of scenarios.

Visit renting for details.