If you do not meet your responsibilities

Your agent or landlord can issue you with a ‘Breach of Duty’ notice if you do not meet certain responsibilities. The notice will ask you to rectify the problem. If the problem continues, your agent or landlord could ask the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to make an order.

Before you issue a ‘Breach of Duty’ notice, it is recommended you contact Consumer Affairs Victoria or a tenancy advocacy service for more information.