Other documents & information

At the beginning of a tenancy, your landlord must give you:

  • Renting a Home: a guide for tenants (red booklet from Consumer Affairs Victoria)
  • 2 copies of a Condition Report (if you have paid a bond), completed and signed by your landlord or agent
  • the landlord or agent’s full name, address, and telephone and fax numbers
  • a statement setting out the agent’s power to authorise urgent repairs (if your landlord has an agent), the maximum amount of urgent repairs they can authorise, and the agent’s telephone or fax number for urgent repairs.

It is an offence for your landlord or agent not to provide you with the above information. (See ‘Complaints about landlords & real estate agents’.)