When your landlord wants to end the tenancy?

  • They must complete and give you a valid ‘Notice to Vacate’ form.
  • The notice must be sent to you at the rented premises by registered post, or given to you in person.

Either party can apply to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) to end a tenancy early on the basis of hardship (VCAT’s contact details).

See Reasons and Minimum Notice Periods for more details