Western Australia Tenancy Help

If you are renting a home in Western Australia or thinking of doing so soon, the information in this guide will help you find the right home, avoid common renting pitfalls and help you have a harmonious (and lawful) relationship with the property owner or agent.

Renting a home in Western Australia is governed by a set of laws called the Residential Tenancies Act 1987 (the Act) and the Residential Tenancies Regulations 1989. There have been several amendments to the Act and you should familiarise yourself with the changes. In particular to tenant databases, the lease agreement,  the serving of notices etc electronically, as well as using the latest forms. You can buy copies of the Act and Regulations from the State Law Publisher online at www.slp.wa.gov.au or by phone on 6552 6000. You can also download free copies at https://www.legislation.wa.gov.au. We advise you to check whether any changes have been introduced. And if we don’t have it quite right please message us and let us know.

This guide doesn’t take the place of the Act, nor does it pretend to cover everything; but it will give you a good working knowledge of your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. It is not legal advise.

FAQ Guide for Western Australia

Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
And most of all PropertyMyWay for providing these helpful guides.